Antioch, IL 60002
Handi-Foil, an industry leader in the manufacture, sale, marketing and distribution of disposable aluminum bakeware has an immediate opening for a First Shift Senior Level Maintenance Mechanic with a focus on electrical systems at our facility in Antioch, IL. This privately held company has been in business for over forty years and is experiencing strong growth year after year.
The requirements for a Senior Level Maintenance Mechanic with a focus on electrical systems are outlined below:
- Ten plus years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience documenting work orders using CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Prior experience following & completing preventive maintenance procedures.
- Prior heavy equipment experience (mechanical presses, automotive, diesel, excavation equipment, etc.) in repairing & maintaining electrical machinery/equipment.
- Maintenance technicians focusing on electrical systems troubleshoot and repair motors, mechanical circuits, and all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Proven knowledge of 24 VDC circuits and how they function with PLC’s, relays, sensors and other electrical components.
- Proven knowledge of 480 VAC 3-phase circuits and components such as contactors, overloads, motors and other electrical components.
- Proven knowledge of servo drives & servo motors.
- Proven knowledge of electrical & mechanical instruments such as a multimeter, dial indicator, feeler gauge, micrometer, caliper, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical systems with multimeter.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and willingness to grow in this area.
- Must own basic hand & power tools. Oversized tooling provided by company in shared department toolbox.
- Must be able to work weekends as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma (college degree/certifications in electrical classes are a plus).
This position will report to the electrical maintenance lead for this department and work concurrently with the mechanical maintenance team as needed.
This position provides an opportunity to obtain career growth while helping to grow the company. We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company, a competitive salary and great benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
** Local candidates only, we will not provide relocation for this position