Wheeling, IL 60090
Director of Manufacturing (Wheeling and Antioch facilities)
- Oversee the managers and supervisors of manufacturing operations.
- Set strategic direction to achieve production objectives, including labor efficiency and optimal utilization of capital equipment.
- Provide direction, leadership, mentoring and guidance to the manufacturing leadership team.
- Further develop and enhance existing performance improvement programs.
- Establish, measure, and achieve specific performance objectives for all manufacturing areas.
- Create metrics and tools to measure key performance indicators including productivity, quality, safety, scrap rates, labor efficiencies, machine down time, and inventory levels to ensure manufacturing operations are running in an efficient manner.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and direction to assigned staff, including hiring, performance management, training and professional development.
- Active daily management of manufacturing operations including production, maintenance and warehouse logistics supporting manufacturing.
- Drive both short and long-range plans and objectives for improving operations, profitability, service, timeliness, quality and compliance.
- Identify potential improvements in service and transactional process flows and provide leadership in developing practices for maximum efficiencies and continuous improvements such as KanBan, Six Sigma, Kaizan and Lean
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Determine operations staffing needs and ensures compliance with Company
Employment policies and practices.
- Manage all key manufacturing projects.
Provide a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- At least 15 years of manufacturing experience with high volume production operations.
- Strong leadership experience and the demonstrated ability to develop direct reports and build a strong team.
- A persuasive communication style.