Handi-Foil Corp., the industry leader in the manufacture, sale, marketing and distribution of disposable aluminum bakeware has an immediate opening for the position of an SQF Practitioner. This privately held company has been in business for over thirty years and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Our company’s operations include multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for developing ongoing evaluation and improvement related to all aspects of the SQF and prerequisite programs to ensure their effective implementation and maintenance.
- Review all SQF related SOPs on an annual basis and coordinate with all other departments to ensure all SOPs are up to date.
- Perform daily monitoring activities on SQF programs including: Verification, Validation, Audit, and Recordkeeping to ensure facility’s continuous compliance with SQF code requirements, performs monthly inspections and internal audits.
- Maintains Log /Action Plans of required corrective actions for non-conformances and ensures closure of these issues.
- Formulate and prepare appropriate reports, charts and graphs indicating the status of the SQF management system and any projects associated with it.
- Inform management of all significant non-conformities and take action to maintain the integrity of the SQF
- Participate in food safety and other regulatory audits.
- Schedule and conduct Food Safety and HACCP meetings and conferences with representatives of other departments and divisions to explain the SQF management system and to obtain compliance with the procedures and controls.
- Develop instructional training to clarify SQF procedures, policies and requirements.
- Work closely with QA department and other staff to ensure each member understands their responsibility to identify and properly report food safety and quality concerns in accordance with programs and policies.
- Ensures all products are made and packaged in a safe, quality manner. Performs daily finished good quality inspections. Verifies that all manufacturing processes are followed, and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in Food Industry / or Food Packing
- Completion of SQF Practitioner and HACCP training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bilingual: Spanish preferred
We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company, a competitive salary and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending and 401(k).