Plans, designs and improves manufacturing processes in the plant. Maximizes efficiency by simplifying and automating manufacturing processes. Analyzes the layout of equipment, workflow, and assembly methods. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification. Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to select, design and refine machinery. Works closely with Maintenance team in the fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of machinery. Ensures compliance with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Apply technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
2. Select, design and refine machinery to improve manufacturing processes
3. Automate current processes to improve efficiencies.
4. Develop SOPs and training materials for operators and maintenance personnel on the use and maintenance of new and existing equipment. Participate directly in the training and evaluation of employees.
5. Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
6. Perform functionally as production lead or supervisor on interim basis as assigned.
7. Ensure company compliance with all industry standards for safety and actively provides expertise and leadership to enhance safety programs and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. At least five (5) years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
3. Proven ability to manage projects by application of highly developed analytical skills relating to relating to automating and improving manufacturing processes.
4. Knowledge and familiarity with the latest changes in machinery, equipment and automation trends.
5. This position is a career path to production management. Some prior experience supervising others or leading teams is a plus.