Handi-Foil Corp., the industry leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of disposable aluminum bakeware has an immediate opening for the position of Sr. Buyer. This privately held company has been in business for over thirty years and continues to experience strong growth year after year.
Serve as primary lead responsible for purchasing and negotiation materials, corrugated, equipment, components, MRO and services from suppliers. Purchasing responsibilities include but are not limited to contractual agreements, generation/review purchase reports, cost savings initiatives, supplier quality improvements, metric generation/review and purchase expediting as necessary. This position communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers including Finance, IT, Operations and Customer Service. This role will lead new product sourcing supplier initiatives including supplier selection to meet program deliverables. This position ensures that all customer orders are entered into our MRP system on time with a high degree of accuracy as well as resolving pricing discrepancies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create purchase orders and maintain relationships with suppliers to fulfill purchasing needs
- Manage and monitor performance from suppliers, negotiate pricing, payment terms and cost reduction activities.
- Source and negotiate pricing/terms with domestic and international suppliers.
- Develop contractual agreements
- Update and maintain ERP with current supplier and pricing information.
- Manage pricing and invoice issues
- Communicate and ensure suppliers are compliant to FDA standards
- Monitor inventory levels, manage inventory turns and inventory value for several core categories.
- Develop Vendor Managed Inventory to simplify supply chain and improve working capital
- Participate as leader in annual inventory events
- Arrange for and manage freight to meet the needs of the business as necessary
- Metric taking and reporting
- Project Management
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification and Education Requirements
- 5+ years directly related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent additional experience
- Demonstrated sourcing and negotiation experience
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Proficient math skills
- Ability to multi-task and participate in a cross-functional and fast paced environment
- Must be a good team player
- Ability to communicate up and across the organization
- Ability to develop and manage supplier relationships
This position provides an opportunity to make a real impact on the business while helping to grow the company. We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company, a competitive salary and great benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). If you are interested and qualified for this position submit your resume and salary requirements.