Handi-foil Corp., the industry leader in the manufacture, sale, marketing and distribution of disposable aluminum bakeware has an immediate opening for the position of Corporate Controller. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for directing all aspects of the company’s accounting functions and management of the accounting department staff. These functions include general accounting, financial reporting, cost and operational accounting. Using the computer systems and the supporting accounting staff, this position will produce, analyze and interpret financial statement results. As part of the senior management team, the Controller will be expected to provide financial and business insight to facilitate effective strategic business decisions. The position will oversee compliance with both internal and external reporting, including financial statements, tax returns and other filings with state, federal and local governmental agencies. Through the establishment and maintenance of sound internal controls over financial transactions and operational activities, this position has direct oversight over every department’s adherence to such policies. As such, this role will implement and execute policies to monitor, test and ensure such compliance to these internal controls.
- Direct management oversight of an accounting group of over 20 employees, composed of managers, supervisors and staff.
- Design and improve IT systems to deliver operational and financial reporting to senior management.
- Maintain and improve company internal controls.
- Manage business insurance policies; including certificates of insurance.
- Cost accounting, inventory costing and inventory controls.
- Financial analysis and business intelligence applications.
- Employee benefit plans, including health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA required; advanced degree preferred.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment, including a minimum of 10 years experience in a management position and at least 5 years as a controller.
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability in the areas of project management, employee coaching and development, and performance management.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of corporate tax laws.
- Excellent ability to execute sound and timely decision-making.
- Working knowledge of computer enterprise systems, MS Office and database applications required, experience with Oracle a plus.
This senior level position provides an opportunity to make a real impact on the business while helping to grow the company. We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company, a competitive salary and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending and 401(k).
Local candidates only – no relocation assistance will be provided for this position. No agencies please.