Antioch, IL 60002
Handi-Foil Corp., the industry leader in the manufacture, sale, marketing and distribution of disposable aluminum bakeware has an immediate opening for the position of Human Resources Coordinator at our Antioch, Illinois facility. This privately held company has been in business for over thirty years and continues to experience strong growth year after year. Our company’s operations include multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities.
The human resources coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates the human resources programs and processes at one or more assigned manufacturing facility. This role provides general administrative support to the human resources management team as needed and is primarily responsible to maintain documentation, files and records of all employment related activities, both by maintaining hard copy files and HRIS data.
The human resources coordinator is the first point of contact to assist employees with employment and benefits-related questions and problems. Ensures effective communication, and swift resolution of issues to enhance positive employee relations. Acts as liaison between employee and supervisors, co-workers, benefits providers, etc. The position is responsible to assist in monitoring that all aspects of employment are administered in compliance with company policy, benefit plan rules, federal and state and local laws and regulations.
- Process, verify, and maintain data for each employee. Maintain employee hard copy and electronic HRIS files to ensure accuracy, legal and compliance, and confidentiality.
- Process, verify, and maintain general employment related documentation including: recruitment staffing, training, grievances, safety/OSHA, worker’s compensation, benefits leaves of absence, policy acknowledgements, Form I-9.
- Administers health and welfare benefits plans.
- Assist with all phases of the recruitment and hiring process through orientation and on-boarding of new hires.
- Consult with employees by phone and in person, answering questions regarding compensation, company employment policies, benefits, and procedures.
- Respond to and process employment verifications.
- Process all Workers’ Compensation transactions and maintain the OSHA log
- Perform occasional back-up payroll processing and reporting as assigned.
- Assists with the documentation and communications required for employment terminations.
- Assists with the preparation and administration of the annual performance review process.
- Compile data and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of Human Resources experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Payroll/HRIS software.
- Prior union experience a plus.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- A flexible, creative and thoughtful thinker and problem solver.
- Available to work extended hours, weekends, and on off-shifts as needed.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company, a competitive salary and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending and 401(k).