North Suburban Chicagoland locations:
Handi-Foil Corp., the industry leader in the manufacture, sale, marketing and distribution of disposable aluminum bakeware has an immediate opening for a Production Manager in the Chicagoland area. This privately held company has been in business for over thirty years and is experiencing strong growth year after year.
This position oversees and directs the production line staff in several production departments. The primary goal is to achieve production targets while maintaining a safe operation and producing products at or above established quality standards. The success of this position will include effectively coordinating production activities with maintenance operations as well as with Shipping, Receiving and the Warehouses.
- Leads and directs production department supervisors regarding safety, capacity, cost, quality, process improvements, etc. for all second shift production operations.
- Overall responsible for ensuring on-time production schedules are met.
- Promotes the efficient utilization of equipment, facilities, personnel and raw materials
- Coordinates the preventative maintenance program.
- Collects, tracks and analyzes production data, and reports information and variances to Executive Team.
- Resolves daily production issues working closely with cross-functional departments including Customer Service, Purchasing and Logistics
- Manage, train, and develop employees.
- 5 – 10 years of related experience as a manager in a fast paced, high-speed, high-volume consumer products manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding processes and mechanics of production line equipment.
- Results oriented and able to think ‘outside the box’
- Familiarity with GMP, quality, and hygiene standards for food manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Professional demeanor with demonstrated organizational savvy, interpersonal and communication skills. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred
This position provides an opportunity to obtain significant career growth while helping to grow the company. We offer the opportunity to work for a stable and growing company, a competitive salary and great benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex-spending and 401(k) with a generous company match.
Local candidates only. No agencies please.