The Way To Be More Socially Responsible
CUBE REDUCTION INITIATIVE – FREIGHT
- 2,000 fewer trucks per year (pick up and delivery)
- $3,000,000 dollars in savings per year across all companies (Average truckload is $1,500 dollars per load)
CUBE REDUCTION INITIATIVE – PACKAGING
Label sizes reduced (Reduced label sizes to smaller sizes. Some items went from labels to UPC only)
- Roughly 50% reduction in labels, fewer truckloads delivered, reduction in packaging
- Estimate 2,000,000 lbs. of paper labels per year
- Almost 50 trucks of paper per year out of landfills
- $1,000,000 dollars in savings per year
Handi-foil uses a tray for merchandising aluminum pans versus traditional boxes which competitors use
- Roughly 50% less cardboard packaging per pallet (120,000 lbs. in savings per year)
- $500,000 dollars in savings per year
ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHTING
- 165,000 watts saved
- $57,000 dollars in savings per year
REINFORCED TECHNICAL DESIGN
Made a much stronger design in our pans which enables gauge reduction
- Uses roughly 5,000,000 lbs. less per year
- Depends on the price of aluminum but roughly $7-8 million dollars per year
HANDI-FOIL USES INNOVATIVE SHRINK BAND
Competitors use the traditional bulky bag
- Over 50% reduction in plastic
- Difficult to estimate in financial terms. We would need some time to evaluate.
Did You Know? Recycling Facts
Believe it or not, aluminum is the only recyclable material that can be recycled an indefinite number of times without breaking down and it will still have the same quality properties as the first time it was created. It is one of the easiest and fastest materials to recycle. When you buy 100% recycled products you help to complete the recycling cycle.
- Only 37% of American households recycle … regularly
- In 2007, around 11.7 billion U.S. dollars worth of aluminum were recycled from scrap in the U.S. In 2015 this number declined to 8.64 billion
- Aluminum is one of the easiest and fastest materials to recycle – rinse and place in the recycling bin.
- Aluminum is the only material that is endlessly recyclable – without ever breaking down or compromising the quality of the metal.
- Aluminum begins to melt at a phenomenally high 1220 degrees Fahrenheit — purifying the metal of any impurities.
- Recycling transforms waste into valuable resources and also benefits the environment by helping our air, water, and land stay cleaner.
In 2003, Americans recycled 62.6 billion aluminum cans. Those cans placed end-to-end, could make 171 circles around the earth.
- The average American family consumes 182 gallons of soda, 29 gallons of juice, 104 gallons of milk and 26 gallons of bottled water per year … all of which are recyclable.
So remember to recycle all your aluminum and plastic, every day – including aluminum pans, trays and foil, plastic bottles, bags and frozen food trays too!
Visit our Eco-Foil™ website to learn more about sustainability and recycling.